Let's move onto a new topic in our Science lessons we are going to study Europe and its features: physical and political ones.
First of all we are going to look for PHYSICAL FEATURES, secondly we will learn about CLIMATES, thirdly we will have a look to POPULATION AND DIVERSITY and we will finish with the EUROPEAN UNION.
Let's start with the PHYSICAL FEATURES OF EUROPE.
- Where are the majority of mountain chains in Europe?
- Which are the three longest rivers?
- Which is the highest mountain?
This video may clarify some concepts about Geography of Europe with some photos and explanations.
Physical features of Europe.
- The Great European Plain: From the Pyrenees to the Ural Mountains.
- Mountains: Most of them are in the South like the Alps or the Balkans.
- Compact groups of mountains: These are called plateaus, like the Central Plateau in Spain, or massifs, like the Central Massif in France.
- Peninsulas: (A piece of land which is almost completely sourrounded by water) like the Scandinavian or the Iberian.
- Islands: Like Iceland or the British Islands.
Coast and Rivers.
Europe has coastlines:
- In the north with the Artic Ocean, the North Sea and the Baltic Sea.
- In the south - east with the Caspian Sea.
- In the south with the Mediterranean Sea and the Black Sea.
- In the west with the Atlantic Ocean.
There are lots of rivers which cross Europe. The longest is Volga, which is 3.692 Km.
LET'S PLAY AND CHECK YOUR LEARNING.