We are going to learn about another topic of Science, from this moment to the end of the school year we are going to focus our lesson on the HISTORY OF SPAIN. To learn history is very important because this will be the way you will understand most of the things that are taking place now.
LET'S HAVE A LOOK TO THESE PHOTOS AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS:
- What can you see in the two pictures?
- What are these things made of?
- Which ones were made first?
THE FOLLOWING VIDEO WILL HELP YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE LIFE IN THE PREHISTORY PERIOD.
- Million years ago, Iberian Peninsula was inhabited by homids or early humans beings. Modern people appeared in Spain about 35.000 years ago.
- They were nomads, they moved from place to place.
- They lived in caves or huts.
- They lived in family groups called clans.
- They obtained their food hunting, fishing and gathering plants.
- People became sedentary. They built settlements.
- People lived in tribes, they were larger than clans.
- Each member of the tribe had a specific job (cultivating the land, looking after animals, making tools or weapons)
THE METAL AGES:
- They used metals for weapons and tools.
- Settlements became villages, with walls for protections.
- Every village was run by a chieftain.
Prehistory people were the first:
- To use fires to cook and protect themselves from the cold.
- To make clay pots.
- To use animal hair and looms to make cloths.
- Create art forms such as cave paintings.
LET'S REVIEW WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNT WITH THIS ACTIVITY.
If you want to learn a bit more about PREHISTORY, you will play to this game about PREHISTORY ANIMALS.