This video will show you the life on Roman Times by a 10 year-old children:
A big part of Europe was inhabited by the Romans during this time. It was the Great Roman Empire.
In 218 B.C.Romans defated the Carthaginiasn in a war, so they started to control de Mediterranean Sea.
You could look at the map to discover how they did it.
They Completed the conquest of the Iberian Península in 19 B.C. Because of the resistance of people in the interior.
You could look at the maps how Romans did it.
- The peninsula became a part of the Roman Empire. It was called Hispania.
- Inhabitans adopted Roman customs, and they were ruled by Roman law.
- They spoke Latin.
- The governor was a Roman person.
- The Iberian leaders became the Roman Aristocratic class, and part of the goverment.
END OF THE ROMAN RULE:
After about 400 A.D. Germanic tribes from the central and northern Europe invaded Hispania and conquered the Territory. The Roman lost the control of the península.
You could at the map how Germanic tribes invaded the Iberian Peninsula.
Romans were very good at Architecture, transport and communication. They constructed:
- Triumphal arches and columns were built to commemorate important events such as victory in a battle.
- Ports, bridges and aqueducts were built to improve life in the cities.
- Romans also built stones roads between cities of the peninsula and between Hispania and other parts of the Empire.
LET'S TAKE PART ON THIS QUIZZ AND CHECK WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNT.