We have been talking about: VISIGOTHS and about AL ANDALUS. We are going to review how you are learning with a THINKING ROUTINE: THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS. Just to remind you:
- GREEN: what you have already learnt.
- ORANGE: what you are trying to improve or going deeper.
- RED: what you haven't learn at all.
Let's have a look about a famous Spanish TV serie, at the end of the video you will answer some questions:
- Who were the kings when they got Granada?
- Were there any kind of war or battle?
THE CHRISTIAN RECONQUEST
Around year 1000 Al Andalus weakened and broke up into TAIFA.
Christian Kingdoms expanded.
The Christian Reconques was completed in 1492, when the Caholic Monarchs conquered Granada.
THE CHRISTIAN KINGDOMS
Around 1230 the Christian Territory was divided into:
- The Kingdom of Navarre included Navarre and part of la Rioja.
- The Crown of Aragon included the Kingdom of Aragon, Valencia and Majorca with the Catalonian Counties.
- The Crown of Castile included the Kingdom of Castile and the Kingdom of Leon. Later will include Andalusia.
- Portugal was an independent kingdom.
In 1479 Isabella I of Castile and Ferdinand II of Aragon, married and united the Crown of Aragon and Castile. They were known as Catholic Monarchs.
THE KINGDOM OF GRANADA
It was the last Taifa Kingdom
(Granada, Malaga and Almeria)
It was weakened by internal disputes. Finally it was conquered by the Catholic Monarchs.